Hi, I am Kate Harnedy.
I’m an Oregon based portrait and documentary photographer versed with both modern digital and traditional analogue processes. My photographs explore identity, place, creativity and connection. Infinitely curious, I’m intrigued by the relationships between people, communities, and the natural world. I approach subjects with empathy and integrity. I believe strong photographs, individually and in series, hold great potential for personal and community empowerment, healing, promotion and transformation.
I look forward to talking with you more about how I may help create compelling photographs for your personal and business needs, while making it fun in the process!
Amelia, Portrait Client
“Kate has a very special talent for capturing the atmosphere and the energy of her subjects. I hired her to shoot a series of outdoor, intimate photos and the result was phenomenal. I look natural and at ease. Even the shyest of clients will immediately feel comfortable with her. She has a great eye for detail, knows how to frame the shot, and goes the extra mile to make sure her clients end up with the best result. 100% recommend!”
Selected Education & Achievements
BA Columbia College Chicago, Concentration in Photography
Wet Plate Collodion Workshop with Ray Bidegain, Portland Oregon
• Recipient of Jane Stevens King Residency at Lane Community College, 2021
• Recipient of Lane Arts Council Individual Artist Grant 2020 - 2021
• Documentary photographer for Team Kenya USA Project, 2015-2017
• Portraits of Rural Oregon solo exhibition. Axe & Fiddle Cottage Grove OR. 2014
• Blue Sky's Pacific Northwest Photography Viewing Drawers, Portland, Oregon, juried
selection, 2012 and 2013
• Life at Alpha Farm and Living Well Nature Spirit Sanctuary Collections, University of Oregon, Special
Collections, 2010 and 2012